Date of last revision: December 8th, 2019
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Kiro, Inc. (“Kiro,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Kiro automates the collection of data that is naturally generated by your third-party software development tools(“Tools”) to provide metrics and recommendations to help your team improve your software development efficiency and effectiveness (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”).
1. Personal Data We Collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could beused to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect Personal Data when you enter the site and communicate with us through our “contact us” page or through our virtual chat option, when you provide us with information required to create an account, and when you integrate Tools with the Service. The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include name, email, telephone number, and business address.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Twitter and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”).When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages. This may include aggregate information about impressions, the number of visitors to a page, the industries that visitors work in, and visitor job titles.
Personal Data Processed on Behalf of Business Customers: In order to provide the Service, we collect Personal Information to provide insights based on connections with Tools. Through those connections, we may receive Personal Data that our business customers make available to us through the Tools, such as team member names and assignments, project timelines, and other information that is naturally generated through the Tools. We process that information pursuant to our other agreements with our business customers. If you would like to access, correct,or request deletion of such data, please contact the business customer that you interact with directly.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service,we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g.,google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using.Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies,you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. How we use personal data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service, which includes automating the collection of data that is naturally generated by Tools to provide metrics and recommendations to help your team improve your software development efficiency and effectiveness;
- To integrate with and extract information from your Tools;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms,conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance,if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You may also be able to control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. Sharing and disclosure of personal data
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software,advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger,acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership,sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counter parties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: Certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, when you integrate Tools, your project managers can analyze data and metrics regarding team member performance to adjust the project timeline.
4. Update your information
Please contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Kiro does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Kiro through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
6. Links to other websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse,and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Kiro via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
8. Your choices
10. Contact us